Orders may now be collected for future dates and times. Mobile app users are presented with the option to select a future date and time for order fulfillment. Restaurant managers are able to control the availability of future ordering with the following parameters:
- Venue-wide parameters – these parameters are part of the Location block within the Location Settings screen, as shown below
- Small Order Amount – An order at this value or below is considered a “small order” and is subject to timing restrictions associated with small orders
- Large Order Amount – An order at this value or higher is considered a “large order” and is subject to timing restrictions associated with large orders
- Small Order Minimum Lead Time – This is the minimum amount of time in advance of delivery that a small order must be placed. On the mobile application, a user will not be allowed to submit an order with a delivery time earlier than this amount of time in the future
- Large Order Minimum Lead Time – This is the minimum amount of time in advance of delivery that a large order must be placed. Similar to a small order, a user will be prevented from requesting a delivery time earlier than the current time plus the Large Order Minimum Lead Time for orders that are considered Large Orders. This is designed to allow sufficient time to prepare larger orders.
- Maximum Order Time – This is the maximum amount of time in advance that a mobile user is allowed to submit an order. This allows a restaurant manager to limit future orders against current menus and to prepare for future menu changes.
Menu Parameters – menu scheduling parameters introduced in earlier releases also limit the ability to order items from menus in the future. These controls include:
- Menu start date – orders for the future will not be allowed for fulfillment dates prior to the Date Start value for a menu
- Menu end date – orders for the future will not be allowed for fulfillment dates following the Date End for a menu
- Menu active start time – orders for the future will only be allowed for fulfillment times between the Start Time and End Time
- Calendar Days – orders for the future will only be allowed for days of the week selected as available on the Edit Menu screen
Category Parameters – Categories also have days of the week in which they are enabled, as an additional filter after menu-level scheduling. These constraints are also applied to future orders.
Specials Parameters – Specials have additional scheduling parameters that are applied to future orders
- Special Start Date – Start of the special availability
- Special End Date – End of the special availability
- Special Start Time – Start time each day for special to be offered
- Special End Time – End time each day for special to be offered